Cooking with Titil: Pork Pata Adobado
I was on my way home when I remembered that I have to cook dinner for my family. I haven't had the faintest idea what to cook since I was very busy at work the whole day. So I stopped by a small deli shop in Divisoria to buy some meat and prayed that a recipe would pop out from my mind later on. Luckily, the cashier handed me a recipe...Pork Pata Adobado. It looks yummy and very simple to do since it is actually just a combination of HUMBA and ADOBO. So I bought the ingredients and went home with a sigh of relief. It is indeed very easy and a delightful recipe you can share with your family. As the saying goes "Sabaw pa lang, Ulam na!".
1/2 kg Pork Pata Slice
1 tbsp Crushed garlic
1/2 tbsp Freshly Ground
1 pc Bay Leaf
7ml Worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/3 cup vinegar
1 cup water
1/2 tbsp garlic, minced
1/2 cup onions,chopped
1/2 cup tomatoes,chopped
1. Combine first the eight ingredients in a saucepan.
2. Cook over high heat until the mixture comes to a boil.Reduce heat to medium and let simmer,covered for 45 minutes.
3. Remove cover and cook for another 5 minutes for sauce to reduce and thicken.
4. Separate the sauce form the meat and set aside.
5. In another pan,saute onions,garlic and tomatoes until tender. Add the meat and cook for 5 minutes.
6. Add the sauce or you may serve it on the side.
Enjoy and happy eating !