|Simply Satisfying Merienda Spaghetti|
I love food. I love to cook. When your passion is eating then you got to love cooking. Today's special menu is my favorite merienda since I was little (no pun intended). My late mother used to prepare this for our family with gusto and pride. Now it's my turn to show you all how enticingly luscious my mother's special merienda can be. Sit still, relax and keep that saliva in your mouth.
400 grams spaghetti pasta
560 grams spaghetti sauce
250 ml Nestle cream
1 cup grated cheese (1/4 for cooking)
250 grams ground pork or beef
6 cloves of garlic (minced)
2 pcs medium sized onion (minced)
3 pcs red bell pepper (minced)
5 tablespoon cooking oil
3 tablespoon sugar
salt and pepper
1/2 cup water
1. Cook the pasta according to package instruction. Do not overcook the pasta to preserve its firmness.
2. In another pan, saute half the onion, garlic and bell pepper for a minute. Add ground pork/beef in the pan until the color becomes brownish. Add little water, soy sauce and pepper to taste. Let it simmer until the water dries up. Turn off heat then set the pan aside.
3. For the sauce, saute the remaining onion, garlic and bell pepper then add the sliced hotdogs and cooked ground pork/beef.
4. After 2 minutes add the spaghetti sauce, Nestle cream, and grated cheese. Let it simmer until it boils a little. Add salt, pepper and sugar according to your taste.
5. Mix the cooked pasta and meat sauce well. (Use low heat during mixing.)
6. Serve with grated cheese on top and ENJOY!