Monday, April 29, 2013

CDO's Best Get One, Crave More: Chicken Proven





Chicken Proven For The Win!

I am not really a big fan of eating and hanging around Pabayo Street where you can find series of street food stalls, but just recently, I was adventurous enough to try this so-called “Chicken Proven” where not even youngsters but elders too got addicted to this food. My friends would usually invite me to eat with them and they will always tell “If you want to try to eat proven, buy it from the stalls near Magic Kan-anan, it’s clean, safe and scrumptious.”

And so I tried to get one stick it has 5 pieces per stick for 5 pesos only, I dipped it into their specially-made sauce, and I didn't even notice that I consumed four sticks already and find myself craving for more. 

Just a quick information about this food, it is made out of the proventriculus of a chicken, coated with flour or sometimes corn starch, deep-fried and dipped in vinegar or most of the time in a specially-made sauce (sweet and sour with a ketchup base mixed with other spices). It also go well with "puso" (rice wrapped in coconut leaves and steamed) and thirst-quenching buko juice.

Having tried it, now I can say I am a certified proven addict. You should try it also and get yourself addicted to this new food craze in town.






5 comments:

  1. I'm addicted too ! Lami kaayo super!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dinner already by the streets!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you for commenting! Any recommendations for the best cart that serves proben?

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is great for those street food fanatics and to those who are also budget-conscious. problem is, dili tanan carts gaserve ug MASALIGAN nga mga food. tsk. had bad experience ana. dapat i make sure nga clean ang mga tinda before eating :D

    ReplyDelete